The Laureus Supporters’ Club (“LSC”) is a club for all who support the work Laureus Sport For Good Foundation South Africa (“Laureus”) does, whether that is by giving time, ongoing monthly donations or buying tickets to competitions which contributes to the work Laureus does.
By becoming a member of the Laureus Supporters’ Club you expressly agree to be bound by these terms and any other Laureus offering terms communicated from time to time that you choose to partake in or purchase a ticket for (collectively referred to as the “terms”).
The Laureus Supporters’ Club and associated prizes are bound by and compliant with the National Lotteries Act in South Africa: NLC Reg Numbers 00312/01 & 00005/20.
Should you require any further information or have any queries, please contact us on email@example.com.
Who can join the Laureus Supporters’ Club?
Open to residents of South Africa, over the age of 18 years.
The following people are not eligible to receive a prize:
- directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of Laureus Sport For Good Foundation South Africa, One Custom Consulting and Mercedes-Benz South Africa Ltd, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities; and/or
- the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified in (a).
How does it work and how can I become a member?
There are 2 ways to get involved and join the LSC:
- By committing to a R100 membership fee on a monthly basis via club.laureus.co.za
- A once off ticket purchase of R100 via club.laureus.co.za
By giving monthly
- A member can subscribe to pay monthly at club.laureus.co.za website.
- The member commits to pay R100 per month ongoing until membership terminates.
- For every R100 that is received during the competition period, the member will receive 1 ticket into the car competition draw.
- Tickets will be emailed after each successful monthly collection with the information of the prize and draw date.
- A member can only receive 1 entry per month for the car competition.
- December subscription fee – only subscription collections received by LSC and reflecting in its bank account on or before 13 December 2020, will qualify for a ticket for December and form part of the entries to the competition. Any subscription collections from 14 December to 31 December will not receive a ticket into the car competition draw for 2020.
By buying tickets once off
- Tickets can be purchased at club.laureus.co.za.
- A once off purchase of R100 for the car competition tickets and in increments of R100.
- For each R100 received, 1 tickets will be generated and sent to the email address provided.
The prizes and competition details for 2020 are as follows:
Competition period: 24 June 2020 until 13 December 2020
Draw date: 15 December 2020
Winner contacted and announced: by 31 January 2021
New Mercedes-Benz A200 Sedan (to the value of up to R600,000.00) (“the Prize”)
- PremiumDrive is the standard maintenance plan that gives superior cover for your vehicle for 100 000 km/5 years, whichever occurs first, subject to the terms and conditions of the plan;
- Initial vehicle registration and licensing.
All other costs relating to the prize and the use of the prize are expressly excluded, including but not limited to:
- Any other costs related to the maintenance or service of the vehicle that fall outside of the PremiumDrive plan;
- Fuel costs;
- All toll road fees;
- Licensing and registration after vehicle hand-over.
- cannot be transferred to any other person and will only be handed over if all details given are factually correct;
- will not be exchanged for cash amounts or for any prize other than the Prize offered in this competition;
- may be replaced by another prize of the same commercial value if the original Prize is not available for any reason beyond LSC’s reasonable control.
- vehicle specifications may vary
Each ticket costs R100 and equates to one entry.
There is a maximum of 40 000 tickets that can be purchased for the 2020 draw.
Draw procedure & winner notification
The draw will be conducted electronically by an independent attorney and will take place in Cape Town .
All tickets purchased between the 24th June 2020 and 13 December 2020 will be eligible for the draw taking place on 15 December 2020.
Winner will be selected by random draw from the full list of unique ticket numbers that were purchased and entered into the competition.
The winner will be contacted by telephone 2/3 days after the draw by a representative of Laureus.
If the selected winner does not answer his/her landline and/or mobile phone, Laureus will leave a message on the Prize winner’s landline or mobile phone (if possible). Laureus undertakes to try at least three (3) times to contact the Prize winner telephonically during this period. If Laureus cannot get hold of the Prize winner telephonically Laureus will send a notice to the contact details (i.e. via sms, e-mail or post) provided by the participant.
If the Prize Winner does not accept the Prize in writing within 7 (seven) days , Laureus will have the right to award the Prize to another participant, also selected by random draw.
When claiming their prize, the winner will be required to produce proof of winning ticket and positive identification.
Laureus reserves the right to request proof of identity and proof of residency from the winner. Proof of identity includes but is not limited to a valid driver’s licence, passport or ID document.
Once the winner has been notified, the winner will be announced on the Laureus website competition page, unless the winner objects to it in writing.
At completion of the draw and notification of the winner, an affidavit will be compiled that confirms the winner’s eligibility, stipulates how the competition was conducted and the winner will be required to sign a winner’s declaration or other documentation as reasonably required.
No prize will be awarded unless or until verification of the winner is made by Laureus and Laureus is satisfied, in its absolute discretion, that the competition terms have been met.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BY ENTERING INTO THE COMPETITION YOU MAY STAND A CHANCE TO WIN A PRIZE AND THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES.
All participants enter and participate in this competition at their own risk.
Laureus reserves the right to withdraw this competition without notice in the event of a force majeure event. For the purposes of these terms an event of force majeure shall include any event beyond the reasonable control of a party, such as a pandemic, war, earthquakes, disasters, calamities, strikes or similar circumstances (including the threat thereof).
Laureus may refuse to award a prize to any participant if, in its sole opinion, that participant has violated the terms or has gained an unfair advantage in participating in the competition.
A winner may be taxed in terms of applicable tax legislation and participants who require clarity as to the tax implications hereof should seek a directive from the relevant revenue service/authority.
General LSC Membership
A member can cancel their membership at any time by visiting club.laureus.co.za and suspending or cancelling.
- Monthly contribution cancellation – once a membership is cancelled, if a ticket for a specific draw was issued on a successful received payment – that ticket will still be valid and included in the draw and no refunds will be paid.
Online Payments, Transactions & Donations
- In order to pay for the tickets, a member must create and register a profile at laureus.co.za
- It is the member’s responsibility to keep his/her log in details secure and not share it with any third party. LSC will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of a member’s log in details being used by a third party
- The member will provide his/her card details on the profile to effect the payment for the tickets.
- Card details can be managed and updated under the My Account tab on club.laureus.co.za once a member is logged in.
Card Acquiring and Security
All card payments are processed securely by our payment gateway provider, Peach Payments, an approved payment gateway for major South African acquiring banks. More information on Peach Payments can be found at www.peachpayments.com/.
Merchant outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
Monthly donations via subscription
By joining and donating monthly you irrevocably agree that we will debit your provided bank card on a monthly basis until such time that you cancel your membership and that you are responsible for ensuring that sufficient funds are available in the designated account to meet the monthly donation/payment.
Monthly donation will be collected monthly on the same day as joining/registration took place. An example to clarity, if a person sign-up on 7 September, the recurring payments will be collected on the 7th of every month there after.
In the event of the monthly donation not being collected successfully, LSC will attempt to retry collection over a period of 5 days. Thereafter is still not successful, you will be notified via email of non-collection and steps to rectify it in order to still be eligible for a ticket into the next draw. If payment is not made successfully by the last day of the month, you will not be able to purchase a ticket into the draw for that month.
The first month’s donation must be paid for at joining through online payment, which is a 3D secured payment. Thereafter your card number, which you provided on joining, will be debited on a monthly basis with the relevant monthly fee of R100.
If you want to terminate your membership, you must delete your card information from your profile under the MyAccount tab on the website.
Once off donations to the win a car competition
Buying tickets online via club.laureus.co.za for the win a car competition will be a 3D secured payment.
No card information is stored on this transaction.
Where does the membership or competition ticket money go?
All funds raised through the LSC Club will go to the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation for funding and support of their programmes.
Promotions and use of information
Laureus will publish the Prize winner and/or participant’s name(s), photographs and entry responses (“soundbites”) (at no fee) in any advertising, promotional, print, point-of-sale or public relations material for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of the announcement of the Prize winner, unless the Prize winner objects to this in writing.
By joining you also agree to receive communication about the work of the Laureus.
You may opt-out of marketing communication at any time.
Limitation of liability
You agree, acknowledge, and understand that your use of our website, its content and any benefits and entering the car competition are at your own risk. In no event will we be liable to you for any loss or damage of any kind in contract, delict (including negligence), statute or otherwise arising in connection with your reliance on or use of our site or the content thereof or benefits provided or received, including from the competition, save to the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by applicable law or the contrary is expressly stated.
All Prizes are received entirely at the Prize winner’s own risk.
The Prize Winner hereby indemnifies LSC, Laureus and Mercedes-Benz South Africa Ltd, its affiliates, respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all claims, liability, loss, or damage, including any third party claims, arising from or relating to, in whole or in part in connection with their participation in the competition and/or use of the Vehicle or the possession, use, misuse of, or inability of the Vehicle.
Authority and Acknowledgements
You warrant that you have the necessary legal capacity and authority to agree to be bound by these terms.
You confirm that you have been given an adequate opportunity to read and have read and understood these terms and conditions; and you have read and are aware of all the terms and conditions printed in bold.
Laureus will implement reasonable measures to ensure compliance with its obligations under Privacy laws in relation to personal information of members. Personal information of members will only be used for the purpose of the LSC and its related activities.
Laureus uses personal information for the purpose of managing and administering the LSC as described in these terms and conditions. For this purpose, the necessary master data of each member, as well as the member’s voluntarily given information will be securely stored.
Consent to use personal information including for marketing purposes. You consent to:
- the processing of your personal information by the Laureus Supporters’ Club and Laureus, any of their operators, partners, agents and sub-contractors (who may be outside South Africa) on the condition that they will keep such information confidential;
- the retention by LSC of your personal information for as long as permitted for legal, regulatory, fraud prevention and marketing purposes;
- LSC using your personal information to send you information about products, services, and special offers from our sponsors/partners that may be of interest or value to you;
- LSC monitoring your activity on your membership number.
- You can opt out of receiving marketing material and special offers by advising us of your intention to do so, or even by terminating your membership at any time. If you choose to terminate your membership, then you will need to do so by advising us in writing. LSC will not charge a fee to update this request on its systems. LSC will give effect to any changes requested as soon as reasonably possible.
- Subject to applicable law, you may access the personal information LSC has about you by contacting LSC at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that applicable corrections be made or by making corrections and updates on the website (club.laureus.co.za)
Copyright and General
The site is owned and operated by Laureus and all content featured on the site, and in any LSC communication, including but not limited to text, graphics, photographs, images, moving images, illustrations and software is owned by Laureus, its licensors and/or content providers.
Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa.
LSC chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, the following address:
Laureus Sport For Good Foundation Trust South Africa
c/o Sports Science Institute of South Africa
Boundary Road, Newlands 7700
Cape Town, South Africa